Saturday, May 5, 2012

HDR - First Attempts

I have been fascinated with HDR imagery. The electric colours, the high definition images and how even black and white or sepia seems to jump from the page.
I have obtained a copy of Fhotoroom HDR recently and thought I would give it a go.
HDR is High Dynamic Range imagery and is a process of taking numerous shots of the same scene with slight adjustments of exposure and this is placed together to provide the high definition imagery.
Its quite an interesting process and there is a large amount of resources available online to help even the most amateur of users, like me.

Anyway, I have taken two images today and decided to use the HDR approach. The first frost image was ok, but not great. With the use of 5 images, the final imagery provided a more defined look of the frosted ground, and I think the overall image appears quite interesting.
The second is of Bathurst Courthouse. The original image was quite good, but the dark areas did limit what could be seen. I think the overall HDR image provides a better overall quality.

I have provided the before and after shots, and will let you be the judge.









2 comments:

  1. I have not tried HDR. I think it works nicely in the top shot. The bottom one has aspects of what I don't like about HDR ... the colours seem too unsubtle, somewhat like a 1950s magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol..yes, true...that is perhaps one of the issues. I have noticed alot of HDR work, but there are some that are overworked to an inch of its life..

      Delete