Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bathurst Photographic Run

After getting the green light to go out photographing on Sunday, (after cleaning, emptying the dishwasher and doing some loads of washing :) ) I went out on a circular run of Bathurst.
Shooting down Eleven Mile Drive, north of Bathurst and back through Eglington into town, I took a few shots along the way.

Though not considered the best conditions for shooting (overcast, windy, cold), I took the following shots along the way. One of the images was the old gates of Abercrombie House. I always wanted to get these in a grundy atmosphere, and the results are shown below, with some filter changes to get the best out of it.


I took two panoramas from Eleven Mile Drive. One with my 35mm lens and the other with my 70-300 mm lens. The second one exceeded 12 mb and 12 photos which exceeded the maximum for this site. It wasn't a bad result, with a few images needing tweaking, but this panorama shows a reasonable result. I found the old elm tree's on the right of the panorama to stand out due to the light and dark background.



This was a lucky shot. Standing at the Macquarie River, with no inspiration of the brown flooding water and leafless tree's, I saw these clouds light up the back of the tree's lining the river bank. I took a few of these, but this one I feel brings out the best in the staging cloud colours.




Always loved these old gates to Abercrombie House. This shot is the original image, which is ok, but with a little software filter manipulation, I produced the following results.


I like the colours produced in this one, looks more authentic to the age of the structure.





I saw this old house on the hill from the Ophid Road. The dark clouds in the background produced quite a contrast. However, after reading a few Steve Parish stories on black and white images (imaging the picture from colour to black/white) I saw this as a potentially good subject. After taking a few pictures, I returned the grey scale as shown below.


I certainly prefer this image to the below or upper ones....much more to what I was hoping to get with the stark dark image of the house and tree's.



Abercrombie old gates in panormaic view.


Macquarie River in slight flood in winter


Macquarie River in slight flood










No comments:

Post a Comment