Saturday, June 9, 2012

Upper Blue Mountain Visit


My wife asked me to pick up my step girls. With the winter upon us, and the prediction of heavy frosts and fog, I took the chance to drive to the upper blue mountains, with 3 hours up my sleeve, to take some early morning pics.

The following pictures are a selection of my preferred shots, though the panoramic shots need a lot of work due to the angles taken and limited light.
I hope you enjoy these ....



Mount Piddington - Mount Victoria


Mount Victoria bypass in fog


Mount York shot of Hartley Valley


Mount York view of Hartley Valley panorama
Not happy with this shot but gives an idea of what i was trying to achieve.


Hartley Valley with north eastern view from Mount York



Fog close up from Mount York

I enjoy the simplistic result of this.


Mountain grass with morning dew


Banksia with yellow body and black flowers


Frosted autumn leaves

Found this result excellent and now have it as my desktop


Frosted autumn leaves


Nature versus man made structure


Greenery versus man made structure

I enjoy these colours and simplicity...weird, but colours are entrancing


Mountain plant with melted frost
Really enjoyed the overall outcome of this plant with dew drops



1 comment:

  1. The Mount York shot is fantastic - so evocative of time and place, it reminds me of the wilderness of Tassie, not that I've ever been there but I can smell the crispness of the air in that photo

    ReplyDelete