Saturday, April 7, 2012

Colour Highlights

I recently stumbled upon a program which allows you to convert a photograph to black and white then highlight any colour from the original image.
'Great Photo' from Everimaging (www.everimaging.com) has some excellent imagery programs, with this software package one of the simpliest but very powerful programs.
Nathan's Parade - Kapooka, Wagga Wagga
This is one of my first attempts at using this program, and I do find the results excellent. With the mass of green from the original photo, the image didn't lend itself to individualism. However, I think the final result does this well.

Old Blue - Millthorpe NSW
This is perhaps a more subtle use of the colour inclusion. The original image is quite interesting with the stark blue fireplace surround and the old rusty chair. However, the blackberry bush within the centre of the house and the yellow - mustard walls, it takes away from the other colours. But, with this approach, I feel the viewer is better drawn to the mantle and chair.

Hayley's Formal - Bathurst NSW

Similar to my first picture, with such a large group together, it was difficult to isolate or identify the right person. A much better result from the original, I believe.

Greenery Test
This is one which I feel just didn't work. With a similar concept of the blending of the items in the original image, separation of it in colour doesn't have the same effect as the previous ones. I can't put my finger on it. It may be the lack of colour in the flower, or the size of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment