Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Panoramic Photos - The Beginning

I have always enjoyed panoramic photos. I find that the expansive image provides the viewer a better idea on what a certain viewpoint would be like.
There a number of excellent sites with panoramic shots, but one of my favourites is Panoramio (www.panoramio.com). The site enables photographers to take images from all over the world and pin these to google maps. Not only are there some professional photographers but it provides a unique insight into what other parts of the world look like.
There are a number of panorama groups which provide 360 degree images from high points in cities, mountain tops or street views and these are an excellent way to absorb a snapshot of the local area.

Having only just started in panoramic images, I have attached a few which I have stitched together. Just click these to open them into a larger format.

Flat Rock near Tarana NSW

Evans Lookout - Blackheath NSW

Lake Canobolas - Orange NSW

Mount Tarana at distance - Tarana NSW

With both the Tarana images and Blackheath, I took these as horizontal shots. The Orange images from a vertical shot.

I would like to attempt some 360 degree shots in both horizontal plains (From full left to right) and vertical plains ( from front to rear over my head). Not sure how the second would turn out but certainly needs to be in the right location and subject matter for it to have an interesting result.

No comments:

Post a Comment