Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tweaked Taronga

As indicated in my last posting I have tweaked a few photos in an attempt to make them a little more palatable.

The first is the lion enclosure at Taronga Zoo. I amended the image with the contrast by -70 to provide the second image. The difficulty faced was the full glass panel and morning sun. The result isn't too bad, in my opinion.




 Similar to the last one, and with the glass restrictions, the image was adjusted by -70 with the contrast. The grass is perhaps a little more electrified than I would like but the images of the lioness is much better.




 This was very difficult. The morning sun was directly shining into the chimpanzee area and though somewhat dormant, there was high contrast of light into the area.

I adjusted the contrast by -70 but also made a slight adjustment of exposure by -5. A slight smoothing of the image by +3 resulted in the change.




 Similar to my first posting, this is a simple black and white to colour recovery. The electric colours of this bird paved the way to use the same approach. However, a review of light browns and greys in the original background, there is perhaps no significant change.



No comments:

Post a Comment