Monday, April 16, 2012

Taronga Zoo Outing

Taronga Zoo (http://www.taronga.org.au/taronga-zoo) within the city of Sydney is perhaps one of the better attractions in the capital and one of the greatest for photographers. Over the years it has slowly developed into a well planned and accessible experience.

Locations like this zoo is where a digital camera comes into its ultimate with the ability to take hundreds of photos with the hope of obtaining some perfect shots.

I don't profess to be an expert photographer, but simply enjoy the experience of taking photos.

The following selection is of some which I feel turned out well without the need of manipulation. I will post some of the before and after shots of those which needed some "tweaking".








The difficult I found is using the 75-300 mm lens at full extension and attempting to reduce camera shake. Though I used the side of the fencing, glass walls or posts, the slight shake can be quite noticeable when the lens is at full extension. I am happy for any suggestions on how to reduce this.

The hardest parts I found with this photography was the level of light to the high movement of the animals, the protective glass which was excessively reflective and dissolved the colour of the images, and unfortunately lost a few due to people bumping or placing their heads into the shot.

Overall, as mentioned before, an excellent location for any photographer. I will post more shots of the zoo visit soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment